11.8.11

She wore an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, purple polka dot...letters?

Yeah I guess the title is kinda out there but that is all I kept singing when I was making the first piece of art work for Kate's new big girl room. I wanted letters for her room but since she already had white walls I wanted to do something that would stand out. I also wanted big letters, which were hard to find, but I did! And.....even before I painted them, I loved them! But since the wall they were to take residence on was white, I needed to spruce them up just a bit. So here they are just plain Jane...


Now I was on to figuring out what I wanted to do with them. I didn't just want to paint them solid so I decided to paint....you guessed it....polka dots! I didn't want those perfect dots, but something a little more hand drawn. So I free handed with a itsy bitsy, teeny weeny paint brush <------sorry I had too! It turned out....well....I'm not sure what to think about it. I promise the color is purple not black! So here is the finished product...



I love the way the circles look imperfect. That's what I was going for but I am not too sure how I feel about the finished letters hanging on the wall. So it will have to sit with me for just a little bit to see if by some chance I change how I feel. We will see! For now on to project number two for little bits room.

No comments:

Post a Comment