31.5.10

What this day really is about....

As I sit in the back seat of my friends Durango and pass cookout after cookout, I can't help but think about what this day really means. It is so much more than a reason to cookout or to get a day off work. This day holds such meaning and it seems that most of America has forgotten about that. We are able to cook out and hang with family on this day because of what our military has done and is still doing.

I am so very proud to be an American and stand by our troops past and present who have fought and are still fighting for what they believe is right. I hope you all take a second to get down on your knees and say a prayer for all of those who have lost their lives and for the ones that are risking their lives for our freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Your family was in my thoughts today. I know you understand more than anyone what this day is about. Thank you for the sacrifices your family and others make for all of us!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete