17.5.10

Help Wanted!

Okay, so the time is quickly approaching to when my other half leaves for seven months. I still cannot believe that it is here already. Where does the time go? It seems just like yesterday that he returned from his last one and then finding out we were pregnant with our second. I am seriously dreading this one more than the last.

There just seems to be a list that never ends on things that need to get done. I hate have a "honey" do to list, but there are somethings that I cannot do. I know that he has no problem doing them but I just hate him spending his last couple of days helping out when he should be relaxing and enjoying his babies before he leaves. Ok, off that subject...no crying now for me!

Being a single parent with one child is definitely a lot easier than with two. Plus my little man is old enough to realize that his daddy will not be home for quite some time, so here is me asking for help. If anyone has any ideas on how to make time pass by smoothly and quickly for my little man, please let me know. Emma will have no clue what it going on so no worries there but I am so nervous on how Ty will handle this. It will break my heart when he asks every morning, "mommy, will daddy be home when I get up from my nap?" I mean, come on!!! How can my heart not break when hearing that sweet little voice ask for his daddy. I am just lost at what to do. Please help!

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of a "daddy doll"? You can find out about it at hugahero.com. We are planning on getting one for our girls. We are going to take it on vacations with us and the girls will have it for bed time or just when they feel they need daddy. Just an Idea. We are also going to record Chris reading a few of their favorite bed time stories on video and I'll let girls watch it before bed time. Hope this helps. And, if you figure something else out, please share with me too!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine my hubby leaving for that long. how often does he take these long leaves? Well, I do not have any clue what you are dealing with. But my friend's husband is over seas right now. They have a 3 year old. She prepared a few things before he left. First she got a daddy pillow. https://www.hugahero.com/
    Then she went to Halmark and got one of the recordable books. http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/GoldCrownStores/GCS_GIFTS_RECORDABLEBOOK?rSearchTerm=recordable%20book
    He recorded the story and they listen to it every night. Those two seem to be things have mean alot to them both. They have managed to stay very busy while he has been gone. She has taken trips to her parents and had lots of friend time. Time seems to be flying by faster than she expected. I can imagine with 2 it is very hard though. Enjoy the time you have while he is here. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart ....place a picture of Daddy in his room and tell him that Daddy is a hero who helps defend his country ...tell him he keeps all of us safe:) And when his job is done he will be back home ! Love you and anytime you need someone to talk to I am just a click away ...tell my #2 son I love him too ~ hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad was gone all the time with the Navy too. One thing to try is to keep him engaged with daddy by writing letters, drawing pictures or doing homemade cards every day. Nothing too fancy, but just a little doodle after dinner can keep him excited, involved and connected with his daddy. Now, to TOTALLY date myself, we didn't have email or phone contact with the ships when I was growing up, but a video recorder of him reading some of your son's favorite stories or singing his favorite songs were a HUGE hit growing up. I'm not sure how the connectivity works on the ship these days, but Skype is also a must if you can get it. It's free online, and it's really helped my husband and I while I've been on my deployments. Definitely recommend that for both your kids and for you two...it helps stay connected, and helps out with the redeployment transition after he returns. Best of luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mo, To prepare for my husband's deployment and help my 4 and 7 year old understand the Air Force Family Readiness Center gave us a Sesame Street DVD that talked about deploying helped the girls understand deployment and they also offered other programs and things such as printing pillow cases with Jarrod's picture on it for the Girls to sleep with. There are some awesome books you can get and read to Ty too. We also video taped Jarrod reading books and just saying special messages to the Girls. Jenna. my oldest, recieved a "Daddy Doll" from her school where she is part of a "Kids of Deployed Parents" group. Hang in there and stay busy, that is the best way to help time fly. Let me know if you need anything or ideas. Michelle

    ReplyDelete