24.5.10

Bring it on!

Okay so here goes my first do-it-yourself project for the summer: wallpaper! I have never even thought about trying it but you know what, I am going to dive in and take that risk.

No floral design here! Damask all the way baby! You say daring, I say bring it on! I have been thinking about it for a while and decided now was the time. I am not doing an entire room but just an accent wall. Here is the desired wall:



I love the orange but would really love a wall that is more functional. In functional I mean a wall that is less bold and one that has more neutral colors. That way when the time comes to change up some pillows on the couch, I am not stuck with picking out reds, greens or oranges. Okay so here is a damask print that I thinking about using:




The other walls in my den are a light tan and I figured that picking out a damask design with some tan and white, it would blend extremely well. You have no idea how many patterns of damask one can choose from! I may stick with this or change my mind twenty times before beginning.

So one might ask, including myself, how do you actually apply wallpaper. Well I have done a lot of research on the web and found a website called, ehow.com. Just type in "how to apply wallpaper" and the answers are there.

Personally I would like to find someone that has some experience instead of taking some one's word over the web. Wallpaper is expensive people and I would like to get it on the first try.

So there you have it! My first summer project is about to get underway. Hopefully I can begin the prep work next week. So here is the question: any takers on helping this momma out? There is just one prerequisite, somewhat experienced in wallpaper hanging!

Payment will be a home cooked meal and dessert. So hard to resist, don't all jump up at once :)

No comments:

Post a Comment