4.5.10

Crazies on the Loose in Disney!


In April we took a family trip to Disney with Anthony's parents. That trip was very much needed and was so much fun. Although at times it was pretty hectic, but isn't Disney always? Parents running around like crazies while chasing their children throughout the park is normal everyday activity there.

OK here is one rant that I will go on. It wont take long, I promise.

So I would like to know who came up with a leash, not a dog leash but a kid leash? You can church it up all you want people, but when you have a teddy bear backpack and then there is a piece of fabric attached to the back that is about 5 feet long, ummmm that's a leash.
I cant count how many times I saw some poor kid experiencing whiplash because they would run but the parent stood still.

They make strollers for a reason. Well you say, "my kid wont sit in a stroller." So ummm you think they are going to stand still with a leash on. Its called discipline. Sit the kid down, strap them in and tell them not to get up.

Ugh...sorry for that! It just makes me so mad. Had to get it off my chest!

Other than that, Disney was amazing! Both my babies had an amazing time. It will probably be another few years before we adventure back, but it will definitely be something we do over again.


3 comments:

  1. I have a leash for Lucy. I call it a leash. However, she does not get whiplash, because I walk with her. She gets more exercise than sitting in a stroller and I get more exercise because I'm walking with her. So it's not all bad;) BTW- I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say, is wait till Emma gets a few years older...I never believed in the "backpack" leash either, but man oh man....Do we have one and does it work. The stroller thing doesnt work. One second he's strapped in, then you turn around, and he's gone....To me its worth it to know my kid isnt going anywhere....if peeps want to talk it up and say Im a bad mom, Oh well...but in a few years you may understand the backpack leash...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen Nicole Church-DearingMay 17, 2010 at 11:28 AM

    I'm with you Mo! I used the "leash" once at Bush Gardens and I felt heartbroken and humiliated for my little guy, so I yanked it off and tossed it in the trash! I liberated the baby from the leash, lol!
    In my mind, I was protecting RJ from the loones out there, should I get distracted and turn my head for a brief moment. It was our first trip to such a big place since he had been walking and on the way there it felt like a great idea, lol. But once we started making our voyage, it just made me feel so bad.
    I agree with you, put the kiddo in the stroller and make that turkey mind! :o)

    ReplyDelete