19.10.09

Virginia Welcome Center Invaded by Grandmas.

I must say that a lot can happen in an 18 hour drive from Walnut Ridge, Arkansas to Chesapeake, Virginia. Each time we make the same road trip, it is always different and each one brings its own stories and adventures. Here are a few things that happened within the first few hours of the trip home; Max the Yorkie decided to vomit all over Ty's Transformers blanket (Ty was not happy about that one), Emma decides to poop about three times in the first hour, and Ty wanted to stop several times to use the bathroom. This all happened before we even entered into Tennessee.

Things calmed down toward the middle of the trip and we were able to make it through Tennessee without any problems. Well once we hit Virginia it started out with a bang. This momma had to pee, so we stopped at the Virginia Welcome Center, not knowing that a tour bus full of cranky old women had stopped right before us which resulted in a line stretching long beyond the door. Well I did not feel like getting back on the road so I decided to get in line and wait. Not a good choice. Not only was I in engulfed with the smell of moth balls and old lady perfume, one of them asked if I wanted to go ahead of them. I declined, confused as why she asked. Well she didn't leave me waiting long. She told me that she understood if I needed to go first since I was EXPECTING. Well I am glad that she decided to let me know, because I didn't have a clue. I just went along with her and agreed because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Thank goodness I peed faster than her and got out of there before she was probably done wiping.

So lets see I covered throw up, poopy diapers, pee and finding out that I am pregnant from a stranger, oh and add on three more poopy diapers from Emma and several more stops from Ty during the last few hours of the trip.

Well we finally made it home around 11:30 last night and surprisingly I was not tired at all. Both the babies went to bed so fast, which amazed me because they both slept most the trip home. But no complaints here!

All in all we had an amazing vacation with my second family but now it is back to reality and I am officially off the bench and the starting quarterback once again.

1 comment: