15.10.09

Second string quarterback takes a seat on the bench :)

So lets see...it has been about 10 hours since my first post, I guess that makes it OK to post one more time before the day ends.

We are still in the boondocks of Walnut Ridge, Arkansas...do I need to say more :) Seriously it isn't all that bad. Considering that when I am here my mother-in-law takes over completely and I get to relax, read, and blog how ever much my little heart desires. I do not mind being the second string quarterback. Sitting my little rear end on the bench for a few games does a body good :)

Oh and another great thing that comes from the deep country, home cooking at its best. My mother-in-law rocked it out once again tonight with some Mexican cornbread. I definitely sinned with this meal. I kept shoveling the food into my mouth like I hadn't eaten in a month. So now I am sitting here on the verge of running to the toilet just so that I can give you the recipe...

1 to 2lbs on hamburger meat
1 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper
1 can creamed corn
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
jalapeno peppers, sliced
cornbread (box or homemade)

Brown meat, onions and peppers. Drain the fat. Add corn and cheese. Spread in long cake pan and top with jalapeno pepper. Make the cornbread and then spread over the mixture. Bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.

You can leave the peppers off of one end and mark it with toothpicks so that kids or anyone else that doesn't like hot peppers can still enjoy it. Oh and we had okra, fried taters and beans as the sides...FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment