29.4.12

Yard Sale Mania!

Usually about every quarter the Financial Peace University class at our church does a yard sale to help people get rid of some junk, make some money and maybe pay some debt off. But you know the one bad thing about having a community yard sale? I always end up leaving with something! It never fails. But I must say that this time was one of the best deals I have ever gotten! Oh and my husband agrees and that is major in this house folks.

So this year, even though we were not apart of the class, we decided to purge the attic of some junk. I knew no matter what I was not leaving with anything that I brought because our church always gets the Goodwill people to show and take the rest of our crap!

I did sell quite a bit; enough to buy a few things and still end up on top. The first thing I saw was something for my kids. I knew immediately that it was a must and just seeing the reaction on my sons face when I showed it to him was priceless!

Here is item #1


Oh and I forgot to mention the best thing about a community yard sale...we always get a better deal when we buy each others stuff :). I saw this beauty as soon as the previous owners unpacked it and I knew right away it belonged to me. The best part is I only paid $20. Yep that's right and that sucker works like new. My kids love it!

This next purchase was solely for this momma. Here is a little background if you care to read on...the end tables in our den were sorta temporary. They were given to us by friends and we loved them but those same friends gave the matching coffee table to my sister and her boyfriend. So as much as I loved them, my sister really was wanting a matching set when they move out of their apartment. That time is nearing so I knew that I needed to try and find two end tables for cheap. Oh baby did I do just that and I love them even more than the others. They actually brighten up our living area and they are smaller so there is quite a bit more room as well.

Here they are


 They look cream/yellowish but I am not sure if I like the color or if I will change it.


I love how they match not one thing in my living room! I am not really into matchy matchy furniture and these babies throw everything off. Oh and I do not want to forget to tell you the best part, I got both of these babies for $30. That's right, $15 a piece! Now if that's not cheap I do not know what is.

Best. Yard. Sale. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment