2.4.12

Red to Brown...

A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to paint my front door yellow. Don't ask me why, I just thought it would be a good idea. Well it turned out harder than I expected. There are so many different shades of yellow and it about made me crazy. So I decided to back away from that idea right now but I knew that I wanted something different than my faded red door. I also know that in the near future I want a new door, one that does not have the stained glass. So whatever I decided would just be a temporary fix.

So as I walked out to my paint shack I decided to paint the door the same color that  painted thee shutters a few months back. I knew that brown would be a big change but with the new yellow bench and my new wreath (more on that in a minute), I would have enough color. So brown it is and I actually like it. I think it tones down the stained glass and makes the wreath pop a bit more.

So now onto the wreath. I decided that I wanted to try and make a wreath that will carry me through until the fall but I wanted it very simple. So off to Garden Ridge I went! Next to Lowes and Target its one of my favorite places! With three kids in tow I found some simple but pretty flowers. With the leftover wreath in the attic and using left over paint this little project cost about $5. Not to shabby!

Here is a picture of my old door color and wreath...




Sorry for the shadows in the second picture. It was early this morning! So there is my new door color and wreath. Its hard to tell but I added a few blue flowers from my previous wreath on to this one. You can barely see them but in person they are most certainly there. I am still getting used to not having a red door but I like having something new! Oh and I am sure something about the wreath may change! I love tweaking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment