26.4.12

Blue Light Special

So over the past few months we have been trying to get rid of the red that pretty much surrounded our home. The first thing to go was the red shutters. I guess I never blogged about that update, sorry! I also painted the front door the same color as the shutters. You can take a look at that here. Along with the front door, I also painted the rest of the outside doors. So it is all unified! Anyway moving on...

I knew that with trying to snuff out the red around home, I was in for some work. Now that I have the shutters and the doors changed, I started to move onto the outside furniture. A few years ago my dad gave us their red Adirondack chairs that were just collecting dust. They weren't in the best condition but I was beyond happy because those suckers aren't cheap! And secretly I have been coveting them for a long time, just praying that they would want to get rid of them. Oh and like I mentioned above, they were red. Back then I was happy about that because they matched everything else. I actually sprayed painted them a brighter red! I know I know! I was obsessed with red! Why I have no idea. Anyway they have stayed red for the past 3 years and this year I knew that I wanted a different color. So here is what they looked like after I sprayed them a brighter red three years ago...


Bright red, I know! They definitely are a bit beat up but I love that! With this circus of a family, we can't afford to keep anything nice anywhere near this house! After I realized the red had to go, off to Lowe's I went. I literally stalked the spray paint aisle for a good 30-45 minutes. I actually had a another color picked out and changed my mind while I was in line to check out. Then back I went to the aisle and continued to stare down the colors. It was crazy! So after way too much time in Lowe's I walked out with this color...


I went there with the intent of a bright color but I honestly didn't think that I would choose a blue, but I did and I love it!!! I have only finished one of the chairs as of yet. It took a bit more paint than I expected so now I get to go to my favorite store again. Darn!

Here is the first one in all her glory...




I actually may put another coat on there but I love love love the new color! I can't wait to get the other one painted and put them on the deck.

Here is a side by side...


Blue definitely wins this round :)

No comments:

Post a Comment