2.1.12

Happy New To-Do List Year!




So I am never really one to make resolutions but I would rather set goals for certain things. This helps me with my to-do list that just never seems to end. Well maybe I keep adding things to it but needless to say, it never ends.

Half of my to-do list pertains to my house. Go figure! But there is really no painting involved (maybe outside)...surprise! I am pretty sure the walls are the way I like them for right now. That may change, but I really do love the colors of my house! So here we go. My list for 2012. Oh and before I begin my list I have to take down my Christmas decorations. I know, I know! I am behind but since we are still visiting family in Arkansas, the decorations rule the house until this coming weekend.

So back to the list and this is in no special order:

Outside:
1. Dig up dead bushes in front yard.
2. Replace with new bushes.
3. Determine a new color for the shutters. I am thinking black.
4. Do something with our weird triangle on driveway (will post pictures soon).
5. Change hardware on all exterior doors. Thinking about getting the keypad entry. Love those!

Inside:
1. Stain hardwoods (hoping by mid-February)
2. Add carpet to all bedrooms.
3. Replace tile in hall bathroom.
4. Craiglist a dresser for Kate's bedroom and refinish it.
5. Cheap way to recover an arm chair

If budget allows:
1. Replace kitchen counter tops.
I love the look of the concrete counter tops. A bit more expensive!

2. Replace kitchen backsplash.
Loving the subway tile!

3. Repaint kitchen cabinets.
4. New deck floor (it needs some serious help)

Craft goals:
1. Finish my first infinity scarf.
2. Finish knitting Emma's hat.
3. Work on new quilts for all three babies.

So there are my goals for this year! We will see what actually gets done and what also gets added to the list. I have suddenly turned into this crafty momma, so I am sure the craft list will grow and I cannot wait!

All of my projects will be budget friendly. I love finding cheap ways to do a project. It feels more rewarding that way. Putting the hard work into something is way more satisfying than spending thousands of dollars on a piece. So we will see!

I hope you all had a happy new year and that you have set goals for yourself. I love having a list to complete. It makes me feel like I have a purpose!

Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment