31.1.12

Front Exterior Makeover: Part I

We bought our house in March of 2008 and since then we have made a ton of improvements to the back and inside but for some reason the front of our house was forgotten. Well not totally forgotten. We did paint the door red and knock down the banisters on our front porch, but that was it.

I have been wanting to make some more changes to the front for some time now but wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. Plus we don't have any extra funds set aside for home improvements so I am pretty limited. But I like challenge, so game on! After I painted the door red I realized that I wasn't too fond of the doors and the shutters matching. It has taken me a while to figure out which color I wanted and paint isn't cheap so that idea was put on hold until today!

After talking with my dad, he brought to my attention that they had an extra gallon of dark brown paint from when they repainted their exterior a few months ago. Can you say happy dance! That exactly what I did when he told me we could use the paint for free....thats right I said FREE! That fit perfectly into the budget!

So here is a before...
Don't mind the bare front porch and dead bushes. That falls into Exterior Makeover: Part II and Part III



And here is the after...
Can I say that I am in love with the new color and it makes the front red door...POP!




I love how the hardware goes right along with the shutters. I could not be happier! Now on to adding a swing to the front porch. Hopefully we can score a great deal on that one was well!

Cost of this project: $0. That makes this momma smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment