3.1.12

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

So I have completed, well with the help of my mother in law, my very first craft project of 2012.

I am so tired of always trying to find the perfect wreath so I decided it was time to make my own. This was kind of hard because I have never even tried to make one before, but lucky me...we are home in Arkansas for the week and my mother in law is a pretty crafty woman! I told her what I wanted and she showed me how to do it! She is pretty awesome like that.

I found my inspiration a few weeks ago at my friend Jessica's house. Here is the beauty...

I walked up her front steps and saw this amazing front door mat. So guess what I did? Yep I went and bought it. Bed Bath and Beyond for $25. Not too shabby since the last time I bought a front door mat was almost over three years ago.

So anyway back to why it was my inspiration...I decided that I wanted to buy a wreath that somehow tied in the colors from the mat, but I could not find one anywhere! That is when I googled the word "wreath" and then my eyes were opened to the world of wreath making! Here is the one that I loved and wanted to recreate but with different color flowers...




So off to the store we went and bought...


There you see some burlap, wire, flowers and not pictured is a wired wreath frame.
And then we began to put the wreath together...

First you have to take the end and use the wire to attach it to the wire frame.


Then you just twist the burlap how ever you want to and every few inches connect the burlap to the wire frame with the wire cord.


And you just do that over and over until you get your desired thickness.


Once you get your thickness you begin to poof out the burlap to cover the wire cord.


At the end you need to make sure that all the wire cords are tightly wound.


Next step was to put the flowers on it.


All we did was put the flowers where we thought they looked best and put them through the wire wreath frame and began to bend the stem of the flowers around the frame. We didn't use a hot glue gun so that later on down the road if I want to change my flowers, I can!


Here she is...


Love it! And I cant wait to see it all together with my new front door mat.

I like it already!!!

Oh and the total cost of this project was $15. That's a winner people!!!

1 comment: