12.10.11

Framed Out

So I found this picture on the lovely pinterest...


...and I fell head over heals in love with it. I knew that I wanted to recreate it but with different colors. So since we are home in Arkansas I decided to make a trip to Hobby Lobby, which by the way, is an amazing store! I walked into the store not knowing what colors I wanted to use but thought I would just walk around and look at what they had.

This is what I walked out with...

A cork board picture frame, two sheets of scrap book paper, and a big gold letter
I picked this paper out because the pattern resembled the look of the frame

I wanted something not so bright so I figured these colors would work good in our home. The next thing was to figure out how I was going to put everything together. I decided that a hot glue gun would be my best bet.



I took the back of the cork board off the picture frame and glued the edges of the paper to the cork board. Once it dried I put it back together. I was afraid that it would not stick but it held better than I had ever dreamed!


The next challenge consisted of getting the letter to stick to the paper. Well the hot glue gun came through again! This little project turned out better than I could have ever imagine! Here is the finish product.





It looks so much better in person! Cant wait to get home and find a place for it...


No comments:

Post a Comment