7.10.11

Gettin All Stripey on Ya!

Sooooo....after I won the seven year battle over wanting a coffee table instead of an ottoman, I had to convince my husband that it was finally time to tackle the vertical stripes that I have been begging for forever! Usually I do not have to ask my husband for help because I can handle decorating/painting on my own, but this was a bit hard for me.

My husband has the eye and by that I mean he can pretty much look at something for one second and tell it is not level. No need for levelers in our home, well that's not true. I have one tucked away just in case I decide to do something crazy when he is not home ;). So with all that being said I have been dreaming of vertical stripes on our accect/tv wall for some time now. I knew what a challenge it would be for my man to  have to measure the wall, draw all the lines and then put up tape. So needless to say I have been biting my tongue for some time now and finally the other day I pretty much begged him to do it for me! He said yes!

I was beyond excited. So here are a few photos to show you the process and then the final product. Oh and must I say....I am totally in love with my wall :)

Anthony drawing the lines

measuring

painting...

final product. weird light! its white stripes on a light brown wall.

Oh and just to mention we lost power half way through this project! Did that stop us? No way, we kept on at it until it was finished. So happy with the outcome! Oh and here is sneak peek into our hall bathroom makeover...


No comments:

Post a Comment