12.1.11

Underwearless?

So if you read my blog, which is about seven people (haha), I posted last week about my how my amazing husband let me get my front load washer and dryer. Well I also posted about their arrival and I couldn't have been happier.

But I did forgot to mention the drama that went a long with it!
We have never had a problem with Lowe's and really this incident wont turn us off, but it was a bit irritating.

On the day of delivery, which I believe was this past Friday, we received our washer and dryer. After the delivery men did their business, I signed the paperwork and they left. No problem. But then as I was walking down into my laundry room I noticed that they were a bit shorter than I remembered in the store. As I continued to observe, I found the problem! They completely forgot to deliver the pedestals. Now I wasn't upset at this point because I know things happen and I still had a washer and dryer that worked.

So I called the store and the problem was fixed. The next day they were back out to deliver and install our pedestals. You say, no problem...ummmm well it turned into a slight problem.

Who knew that with front load washers you have to have shipping bolts in place before even thinking about moving the washer. Well I guess the lovely delivery people at Lowe's completely forgot about that and they continued to turn, flip and do whatever else they needed to do to get the pedestal under it.

Well if you haven't guessed it by now, the washer broke...

Now normally I would not have been so irritated but it had been a few days since I had completed any laundry so it was piling up rather fast. This ended up with another call to Lowe's...so much fun. I figured that hey since they had one in stock they would easily have another. Right? WRONG! It was going to take a few days. Seriously?

As I was staring at my laundry pile in horror...I began to realize that soon every one in the house was going to be out of underwear if this process was going to take any longer.

Well the new washer finally arrived this morning and I am happy to say that no one had to wear any dirty clothes! Although we were about a day away from it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment