11.1.11

Baking for Dummies

As I get further along in my third pregnancy I have been trying to bake more to see how good I was! I mean I can cook all day long but when it came to baking, well lets just say unless it was from the box I was doomed.

For the holidays I made my first homemade pies and cheesecake and I must say the crowd was pleased and this momma couldn't have been happier. And to be honest cooking from scratch usually ends up being less expensive then going to the store to pick up one or ordering a pie from a bakery. Its like they tack on labor charges :) Here is an old pick from Thanksgiving.

My first home-made pies

So as I try to surprise my husband with a wonderful white chocolate peppermint cheesecake, the darn thing cracks. I just cannot seem to make one without that happening. You would think by now I would have found a remedy to the solution, but that would be a big fat...no!! I guess it doesn't really matter what it looks like if it tastes pretty good. I guess my husband will be the judge of that once he gets home from work :)

Look at that crack!

Oh and I have found it almost impossible to get that from-the-bakery-look unless you have every single cooking utensil known to man. But lets just hope it tastes better than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment