9.11.10

Interstate Massacre!

So once again in the Hart house we are dealing with two sick babies. I swear I am going to go crazy! It seems like when one is finally feeling better the other one becomes sick. It is like a never ending cycle of yuckiness! Lets just hope this momma does not come down with it. Being pregnant and sick is twice the fun. So I am praying that my immune system fights back on this one.

Oh and to make matters worse my son is a nose bleeder...I can thank his daddy for that. So anytime he gets a cold that involves coughing and a runny nose, his nose bleeds. I am not talking about a little bleeding...I am talking about a massive bleed where you would think a massacre took place five minutes before. Oh and the best part is that he freaks and blows out of his mouth and nose. So you ask, "where does it all go?" Yep on the momma! Before I had kids, blood freaked me out. I would gag, throw up, all the drama that comes along with but for some reason with my babies it doesn't bother me at all.

But yesterday tops the charts with cold nose bleeds! I decided to take the sick ones out to the mall to get some Christmas shopping done and eat lunch with a few friends. Mind you I was about to bust at the seams and needed some adult time. So I figured they could relax in the stroller while I shopped. Well they did awesome and Emma even took a nice nap :)

Well on the ride home, going down the interstate, I hear a high pitch scream that nearly made me run off the road. I look in my rear view mirror and all I see is two eyes and a mouth, everything else was a bloody mess. I had to pull off on the side of the interstate and climb in the back. Thank the Lord for black leather seats!!!! It would have been even more of a nightmare back there. Oh and the only thing running through my mind was that we would not get hit! You know you watch those cop shows where a parked car on the side of the interstate always gets hit! Such a great image to have in your mind while dealing with blood! Well we got the bleed under control and we were back on the road. If the neighbors were outside when we got home, I would have loved to have seen their faces. Not only was my son covered in blood but so was this momma. Oh and my brand new shirt was ruined :(

Yes being a woman I worry about my car seats and my shirt. I am sure I am not the only one in that boat!

So needless to say my day of trying to get out of the house started well but ended in a bloody mess. Hopefully this cold and cough will subside and we can get on with our lives and venture outside for some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment