29.10.10

The Pumpkin Massacre

So I have come to the conclusion that a steak knife and a pumpkin do not mix. Every year I put up a fight with my husband on buying that stupid pumpkin carving kit. Well I guess he was...right. Oh man did those words just really come out of my mouth? Geez...

Well anyway I had the cutest idea to carve "THE HARTS" into our pumpkin this year. I was super excited and couldn't wait to get started. Well that excitement quickly faded when I realized that I had bought the thickest pumpkin in the Hampton Roads area and I only a steak knife to work with! Just trying to carve the top took me about 30 minutes. I know, its crazy!

Oh and I forgot to mention that it was the most perfect shaped pumpkin. It is a shame that it ended up in the trash :(



Well I got past that part and moved on to the actual carving of our family name. Why oh why would I even continue after it took me 30 minutes to carve the top?!?! But I had to! I mean I had the cutest idea and of course I wanted to blog about how wonderful my family name pumpkin turned out. HA! Boy was I completely wrong!

Instead of telling you, I will let the picture explain it all...


The pumpkin + a steak knife = a massacre

No comments:

Post a Comment