3.6.10

BBQ Challenge!


I am a meat lover! Give me a big, juicy steak and you will make me one happy girl but I also will take a thick BBQ sandwich as well! Unlike my husband who only likes one type of BBQ, I will take it anyway! I decided to try and find a homemade recipe. I searched and searched and finally found one in my "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook."

I have never even dreamed of trying to make it from scratch but I love a challenge and will try almost anything. So here are the ingredients:

3 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup of ketchup
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup of water
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3-4 lb boneless chuck roast

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot, except the roast. Once mixed well then add roast. Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours.

Remove roast and let cool. Shred meat and return to crock pot and heat well.

Now I cant say right at this moment how well this will taste but I promise to let you all know how well it comes out!

1 comment: